Love of film is just one passion in my life. This is the place where I publish all my other thoughts. ~RG

Friday, February 03, 2006

Pretty "Handy"

Being of a notoriously analytical mindset I am always on the lookout for new innovations in math, science, and engineering. As a recent discovery of mine, I ran across this robotic hand in a trek through the world wide web.

Typically, I am almost fanatical about appreciating advancements in technical fields. This instance is no different. I marveled at its dexterity, pondered the musculoskeletal design, and considered the mathematical feedback control loop so successfully employed. However, despite its obvious technical paradigm shift, something about this project gives me an inexplicable feeling of uneasiness. I cannot quite pinpoint its source, but I can admit that exists.

For more on the latest robotic achievements check out Honda's Asimo. Combine these two technologies and I, Robot (minus the realization of consciousness bit) is closer than we may like to believe.
~RG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home